CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Greetings from the Happy Garden

There may be a lot of chronological jumping around in this garden journal, as I try to remember exactly what happened first, etc. I will say that in order for the Happy Garden to even be a possibility, I had to make some changes in my life. The biggest change was my going from a full-time children's librarian at Mobile Public Library to just working two days a week. I absolutely love my job working with the children of Mobile but still I had pondered about making this change in my life. First of all, I didn't think it would be possible, because my position (Youth Associate) is full-time, so I began by turning in my letter of resignation. That caught everyone off guard and I felt loads of guilt for leaving, but weighing that against the possibility of more family time and a chance to put in a garden, there was no doubt in my mind about which was the better road for me. Things turned out perfectly and I am now employed as a Supernumerary for the library, working just two days a week in the Main branch children's room.

0 comments: